29th Annual PPA Meeting and 2020 Pediatric Pharmacy Conference
Call for Student Program Proposals
The PPA Education Committee is seeking submissions for sessions and speakers for STUDENT SESSIONS at the 29th Annual PPA Meeting in Norfolk, VA from April 29-May 3, 2020
PPA has seen tremendous growth in the number of student groups and student participation at our Annual Meeting. These excited student pharmacists are eager to learn more about pediatric pharmacy. Pharmacy residents are the ideal individuals to provided education to this group because they understand the topics that may interest these students. If you are interested in providing a 20-30 minute presentation at a national meeting, please submit your ideas for consideration!
Submit your Proposal: https://ppagannual.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/20/home
Submission Deadline: January 3, 2020
What is needed for a Proposal?
Your contact information
Title of Presentation
Brief paragraph describing the Presentation
3-4 presentation objectives.
What topics have been presented at previous Annual Meetings?
- Medication safety in pediatrics
- Overview of residency research projects
- Writing a letter of intent
- Communicating with pediatric patients and their families
- Daily life of a resident
- Differences between PGY1 and PGY2 residency
- How to select the right residency for me
- DO pick a topic that will be applicable to a range of student levels (P1 to P4)
- DO discuss your topic proposal with your mentor before submission
- DO consider what you wanted to know more about as a student or what would have benefitted you later
- DO focus on drugs and important pharmacists' roles if choosing a clinical topic
- DON'T propose very specific clinical topics with detailed disease state or treatment information unless it is at a basic level.
|January 3, 2020||All Submissions DUE|
January 24, 2020
|You will be notified if your proposal was accepted, and will receive a Speaker Packet and Agreement.|
|January 31, 2020||Signed Speaker Agreements DUE|
|March 2, 2020||Draft Presentation Slides DUE|
|March 9, 2020||Feedback regarding slides and questions will be sent to speakers.|
|March 23, 2020||Final slides DUE|
|April 29-May 3, 2020||
PPA Annual Meeting