John Dice Memorial Student Scholarship
In partnership with PPA, the Dice family, the Helms family, and the founding members of PPA, have established the first scholarship available to pharmacy students who have demonstrated dedication to pediatric pharmacy practice and have expressed an interest in pursuing a career as a pharmacist specializing in pediatrics.
Announcement of Scholarship Recipient(s):
Scholarship recipients will be announced each year at the PPA Annual Meeting.
Each year PPAG will select two  recipients, each of whom will receive a $500 (US dollars) scholarship that rewards pharmacy students who have demonstrated dedication to pediatric pharmacy practice and have express an interest in pursuing a career as a pharmacist specializing in pediatrics.
- Applicant must be a registered student at an accredited college or school of pharmacy within the fifty states of the United States.
- Applicant must be in their third year of pharmacy curriculum. Third year defined as the last year prior to clinical rotations.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of PPA and active in their college or school’s PPA student group if available.
- Applicant must demonstrate a proven record of interest in pediatric pharmacy practice through elective class choices, experiential education, and internships.
- Applicant must demonstrate a proven record of community outreach and/or service in programs that focus on the health and wellbeing of children.
- Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in their college or school of pharmacy curriculum.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Applications must be submitted online. Submit your ONLINE APPLICATION.
The application will require the following supporting documents.
- Two (2) character references in the form of a letter of recommendation. Within the application, applicants will submit the names and emails of these references, who will receive an invitation to submit a letter. The letters should attest to the applicant’s interest in pediatric pharmacy practice.
- An official copy of the applicant’s pharmacy school transcript with cumulative grade point average.
- A recent curriculum vitae or resume.
- A personal essay: How has the care of sick children made a meaningful impact in your life and your education? [500 words or less]
Deadline for the application is usually in January each year.
All decisions of PPA are final. There is no appeal process.
To donate to the Dice Scholarship Fund, direct your browser to:
Please indicate "Dice Fund" in the "optional memo" section of the form.
Kennedy Freeman (University of South Carolina)
Chelsea Vallejos (University of Colorado)
Erica Terry (University of Wisconsin)
Sonya Barich (University of Colorado)
Jessica Ogburn (University of Kentucky)
Megan Williams (University of Colorado)
Kiley Fuller (University of Colorado)
Briana Negaard (University of Iowa)
Allison Kane (University of Colorado)
Charlotte Wagner (University of Colorado)
Rachel Visage (University of Colorado)
Eric Chmielewski (University of Wisconsin)
Anna Arthur (University of Southern Illinois- Edwardsville)
Allie Gritzman (Butler University)
The following individuals have generously supported the Scholarship Fund through monetary donations:
- Mr. Stephen Allen
- Dr. Donald Berry
- Dr. Jennifer Chow
- Mrs. Doris Dice
- Dr. and Mrs. James Dice
- Ms. Donna Fischer
- Mr. and Mrs. Gary Greiner
- Mrs. Grossman
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Heckrote
- Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Helms
- Dr. and Mrs. Richard Helms
- Dr. and Mrs. Robert Kuhn
- Dr. Kay Kyllonen
- Dr. Jeffrey Low
- Dr. and Mrs. William Maish
- Ms. Marilouise Mazzante
- Mr. and Mrs. Jerrod Milton
- Ms. Melinda Paredes
- Dr. and Mrs. Robert Poole
- Mr. Stephen Rhoads
- Mr. Joseph Rowley
- Mr. Joseph Sceppa
- Mr. Douglas Smith
- Ms. Mary Stiftinger
- Mrs. Ursula Tachie-Menson
- Kerry and Charles Tyler
- Mr. and Mrs. Harry Weckerly
- Mr. and Mrs. Hank Wedemeyer
- Ms. Marie Zurinksky
For inquiries, please contact the PPA office at email@example.com