The mission of the Pediatric Pharmacy Association is to advance pediatric pharmacy practice, support the health and wellbeing of children, and promote safe and effective medication use through Collaboration, Advocacy, Research, and Education.
The Pediatric Pharmacy Association will be the leading pharmacy association promoting safe and effective medication use in children.
The Association and Membership Profile:
The association has over 1,750 members and is headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee. The association is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. Our members live and work in the United States, Canada, China, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, to name a few. Our members practice in children's hospitals or clinics, University teaching hospitals, adult hospitals with pediatrics services, or community pharmacies. Many of them practice in the sub-specialty areas of neonatology, oncology/hematology, critical care, intensive care, pulmonology, nutrition support or cardiology. For more information about the pediatric pharmacy profession, click here.
The Pediatric Pharmacy Association will advance the training and leadership skills that pediatric practitioners need for delivering safe and effective medications in children. The organization will educate patients and their families through selected activities about appropriate medication use.
Advocacy and Communication
The Pediatric Pharmacy Association will advance the awareness of optimal pediatric medication therapy with all health care professionals by coordinating an effective communication network. PPAG will enhance patient care by serving as an advocate for, and addressing the patient-specific needs of, the pediatric population.
The Pediatric Pharmacy Association will promote the safe, effective and cost-effective use of medication in the pediatric population by encouraging and supporting innovative strategies and research in all areas of pediatric pharmacy practice.
Just a few ways we are accomplishing our goals...
- PPAG University provides members and non-members opportunities to stay up-to-date on the latest in pediatric pharmacy. PPAG-U is a one-stop shop for Continuing Pharmacy Education, BCPPS Exam Preparation, and BCPPS Recertification. Two live conferences, an Annual Meeting in the spring and a CE/Recertification Meeting in the fall, provide tremendous opportunities for members to advance their training and skills as pediatric pharmacists. We also offer webinars and online CE courses.
- MyPPAG is a member only section of the website that allows member-to-member communication through Special Interest Groups and Committee communities, email communities, and more. These forums allow members to share and access pediatric related drug information.
- The Journal of Pediatric Pharmacology and Therapeutics (JPPT) is a peer-reviewed clinical medical journal dedicated to the dissemination of information regarding the safe and effective use of medications in neonates, infants, children, and adolescents. By contributing to the medical literature the JPPT plays a vital role in advancing PPAG's advocacy as well as educational missions.
- Advanced Pediatric Therapeutics is a textbook for the advanced-level practitioner.
- PPAG offers therapeutic position statements that respond to specific therapeutic issues. These statements are thorough, evidence-based recommendations of drug use. PPAG also offers position statements on public policy issues that are directed to health care professionals, public officials, and the general public.
- KidsMeds is an online information resource for parents and families which provides accurate information about medicine and medication use.
- PPAG offers various awards that recognize excellence in pediatric pharmacy practice and research.
- PPAG offers small grant opportuntities for post-doctoral trainees in neonatal pharmacy practice.