The contents of all materials available on this Internet site are copyrighted by the Pediatric Pharmacy Association (PPA) unless otherwise indicated. Users may download on a single computer pages or other content for their own use, consistent with the mission and purpose of PPA. However, no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of, and with express attribution to, PPA.
Although PPA makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this Internet site, PPA does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information. Use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness. PPA, including its employees and agents, assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or from use of the information obtained at linked Internet addresses, or in any respect for the content of such information, including but not limited to errors of omission, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies, or conclusions, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights, and the violation of property, privacy, or personal rights of others. PPA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on such information.
PPA assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any loss or damage to your computer equipment or software which may occur on account of your access to or use of the site, or your downloading of materials, data, text, images, audio, or video from the site, whether caused by a "virus" or otherwise.
At certain places on this site, "links" to other Internet address can be accessed. Such external Internet sites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of PPA. PPA does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these external Internet sites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses.
The content and/or views expressed in areas of the Web site that allow user-generated content, such as e-mail lists, blogs, and Online Position Listings, are not necessarily those of PPA. PPA makes no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy of any user-generated content and accepts no responsibility for the views expressed. All of the user-generated content or views in any area of the PPAG Web site have been prepared by and are those of the individual(s) who have developed the user-generated content or views.
PPA Listserv Rules and Etiquette Guidelines
By joining and using any e-mail listserv of the Pediatric Pharmacy Association, you must follow the PPA Listserv Rules and Etiquette Guidelines and reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. Listservs are intended for distributing relevant, topic-related information that the list members as a group might benefit from sharing. PPA reserves the right to modify and interpret these Listserv Rules and Etiquette Guidelines at any time without notice and to suspend or terminate access to any PPA listserv for users who violate these rules and guidelines.
- Courtesy. Do not attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages, promotions, or job postings. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them. Contact the PPA’s JobCentral about submitting a job posting.
- Privacy Laws. Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and applicable state and federal privacy laws.
- Use caution. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Do not post any material that is defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, illegal, or violates any third party’s rights. Antitrust. PPA complies with all antitrust laws and reminds all users to guard against activity that could be construed as a violation of the antitrust laws. Do not post any material that:
- References specific fees charged or paid for professional services
- Discusses prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale with regard to medical suppliers or other vendors or terms and conditions of provider agreements relating to reimbursement levels, bonus payments, and other price or cost-related items
- Addresses salaries or terms of employment
- Attempts to allocate patient markets or encourage collective or coercive activity with regard to third party payers, hospitals, other health care providers, or suppliers
- Includes information that could otherwise be construed to impose a restraint on trade and inhibit free and fair competition
- Encourages or helps members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade
- Encourages or facilitates an agreement about prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers
- Copyright. Do not post any information or other material protected by c Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to the material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Academy and users of the listserv the nonexclusive right
and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and otherwise use the posted information or material.
PPA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on any PPA listserv, except if posted by a PPA employee within the scope of their employment. PPA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on any PPA listserv, whether posted by the PPA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event will PPA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on any PPA listserv.
Listserv Etiquette Guidelines:
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Include a signature block on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for administrators to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals-not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the listserv. Send a separate email to PPA Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the change.
- You may send your message to only the most appropriate list(s).
PPA does not actively monitor the lists for inappropriate postings and does not undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the Association's attention, the Association will take appropriate action. The Association reserves the right to immediately terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules and guidelines.